The Ares II requires a special star-tipped tool to change the batteries. The tool can be found here: L&B 3-in-1 Altimeter Tool.
The ARES II™ is the evolution of hardcore digital visual altimeters. ARES II™ takes full metal casing, durability, superior engineering, larger screen and accuracy to the skies. LB ALTIMETERS has created this new generation of altimeters featuring the following advancements:
· Anodized aircraft grade aluminum case
· Scratch proof lens made from high-impact etched glass
· Shockproof and waterproof (3ft/2hrs)
· Accurate reading on High Contrast LCD Screen.
Bigger display with larger, high contrast numbers
· Choice of readings in feet or meters
· Altitude offset
· Playback of altitude/speed profile for the last jump.
· 200 jump logbook
· Operational temperature range is -30° to +60° celsius
· Strong yet light. Weighs only 70 grams
· H: 14.5mm L: 64.5mm W: 44.5mm
· Uses Renata CR 2325 easy to find batteries
*Please note that the Ares II will not fit into previous Ares mounts. The new Ares II wrist mounts can be found HERE.